UMANO COMMUNITY GRANT
UMANO COMMUNITY GRANT
We provide grant funding to individuals and organizations worldwide who effectively engage their community in building empathy.
We are interested in programs that:
- Advocate and make life better for humans, animals and/or the environment
- Promote the concept of empathy and inspire behavioral and social change
- Engage in effective outreach of your mission
Our funding is designed to provide support to members of our global community of advocates and changemakers. We want to help you bring your ideas for innovative advocacy to life. Your program could be anything that raises the collective consciousness: a film screening, festival, fair, conference, community clean-up, workshop, campaign, research, etc.
Your initiative must be focused on building a compassionate and healthy world by building empathy and inspiring the participants to engage in their own community action or personal change.
Our assessment team will prioritize applications that fundamentally have a positive impact on humans, animals, and the planet holistically. We will also prioritize applications that endeavor to reduce human suffering and/or promote well-being, preserve the environment and climate regeneration, protect wildlife and animal liberation. We evaluate all funding applications based on merit and alignment with our mission.
Your project will align with our mission if:
- It meets one or more of our key priorities (humans, animals, planet)
- The impact can be measured and reported
- It can be scaled, replicated and/or cross-pollinated with other initiatives
- If you are willing to be an ambassador of empathy and share your personal story to motivate others to action. We hope to inspire others to catch your radical-empathy bug.
At Umano, we believe that grassroots initiatives can be the source of groundbreaking ideas that can be most in need of funding or support.
You’re eligible to apply if you:
- Are an individual or organization with a non-profit mission
- Have a results-oriented proposal which is measurable and the impact can be quantified
- Value interacting with the public and educating about your mission in a courteous, professional, and welcoming manner
- Profess a welcoming and accepting attitude toward all people regardless of race, nationality, gender, age, and economic status
We are more likely to fund:
- New organizations with high potential
- Projects designed to advance the welfare of humans, animals, or the planet
- Projects that enable building empathy and compassion
- Projects that are well thought out, relevant and meaningful with a clear assessment mechanism
We are less likely to fund:
- Large, well-funded organizations seeking funding for established programs
- Projects focused on political or religious advocacy
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- Individuals or organizations directly or indirectly participating in political campaigns or advocating for or against any political candidate
- Organizations that engage in any form of human or animal exploitation
- Organizations that do not support diversity, equity and inclusion
Process after applying:
- The review committee will evaluate your application within 2 months of its submission
- We may contact you with additional questions or for further clarification
- We may request further documentation
- If you are approved for funding, you will be asked to sign a grant agreement
- The grant agreement will set forth goals for the funds and the grantees obtaining the funds
- The grantee is expected to provide transparency on the funded program
We recognize that English is a second language for most of our applicants. If any part of the Umano Community Grants process is unclear or if there are any technological issues, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Please review our Grant Assessment Matrix before applying.