UMANO IMPACT FUND
We provide two streams of funding: Financial Grants and Interest-Free Loans.
We fund proposals that:
- Build holistic empathy because the well-being of humans, animals, and the environment are interdependent.
You’re eligible to apply if your initiative:
- Helps humans, animals, and/or the environment.
- Is scalable and/or repeatable in other similar settings or communities.
- Measures impact by counting participation, analyzing results, and obtaining comprehensive feedback from your participants.
- Has (or plans to have) an independent revenue stream in addition to grants, donors, and fundraising.
- Builds empathy for humans, animals, and the environment. Examples include an empathy-building workshop as an education tool and sharing why it’s important to equally care for humans, animals, and the environment with your participants.
- Is committed to doing no harm or reducing any harm that may be unavoidable. Umano is committed to reducing suffering experienced by humans, animals, and the environment.
- Does not discriminate against people based on race, religion, nationality, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, and economic status.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- Individuals or organizations directly or indirectly participating in political campaigns. or advocating for or against any political candidate.
- Organizations that engage in or support any form of human or animal exploitation.
Organizations that do not support diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Focused on religious advocacy.
We are less likely to fund:
- Large, well-funded organizations seeking funding for established programs.
Process after applying:
- The review committee will evaluate your application within 3 months of its submission.
- We may contact you with additional questions or for further clarification.
- We may request further documentation.
- The grantee is required to provide transparency on the funded program.
- If you are approved for funding, you will be asked to sign a grant agreement and submit mid-term and final reports.
We recognize that English is a second language for many of our applicants. If any part of the application process is unclear or if there are any technological issues, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Please review our Assessment Matrix before applying.