Join the Umano Team
At Umano, we truly value the time and expertise that volunteers bring to our team!
Our goal is to develop and nurture a community of volunteers around the world who are ambassadors of Umano, and have a strong commitment to building the capacity of others to create holistic empathy in their communities.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”Margaret Mead
Volunteers are critical to the work we do. Some of our volunteer roles include:
- Umano Ambassador – seek out social impact projects, volunteers, and fundraisers in your city/country
- Project Mentor – provide strategic mentorship to worldwide initiatives who want to achieve our RISE Model
- Skills Coaches – utilize your subject-matter expertise to help our partner initiatives achieve the RISE Model
- Film Festival Judge – provide feedback on film festival submissions and assess them based on our festival criteria
- Film Festival Committee Member – organize the Umano International Short Film Festival to encourage holistic empathy storytelling and inspire action
- Marketing Committee Member – help Umano develop and implement our marketing and communications strategy
- Grants Advisor – answer questions asked by prospective grant applicants, explain the grant assessment criteria, and provide guidance on what steps may need to be taken prior to submitting an application
- Grant Assessment Committee Member – assess grant applications and make funding decisions based on Umano’s grant criteria
- Board of Directors – provide governance and oversight
Join our team of volunteers around the world to build holistic empathy and to help our partner initiatives increase their social impact!